Prospecting with Remine: Are You in Your Dream Home?
In our “new reality”, more and more people are working from home. This trend is not ending any time soon. It is likely to continue long past the coronavirus pandemic. As a result, families find themselves spending more time at home and needing more space for home offices and workspaces for their children. With interest rates at an historic low, now is a great time to upgrade to a larger home, while keeping the same mortgage payment.
This presents a fantastic opportunity for real estate agents to reach out to those homeowners who are thinking about selling their place and purchasing a bigger home… their dream home! A powerful campaign message to these potential sellers is to simply ask them if they are currently living in their dream home.
How to Find ‘Dream Home Prospects’ in Remine
Let's walk through the steps of creating a potential prospect leads list in Remine in order to target these “Dream Home Prospects.”
- Inside Remine click on Search on the left navigation bar.
- In the Search section, the search bar is at the top of the page above the Search Map. Tip: If you want to start with new, fresh search results, make sure that you first Clear All Filters before you begin just in case you have search results from a prior search.
- In the search bar, type the zip code, city, or other boundary that you want to focus on.
- Narrow down your results to only Off-Market properties. To do this, simply click the Status from the MLS filters that appear horizontally above the map and underneath the search bar. Select Off-Market.
- Now, specify the Ownership Time frame. Since interest rates were at their highest between 2006 and 2008, we can set the time frame to 12 – 14 years. Do this by using the Ownership Time filter located on the vertical menu to the left of the Search Map. Enter 12 in the Minimum box and 14 in the Maximum box. Then click Apply.
- Now let's make sure that these homeowners still use this home as their primary residence. To do this, select the Absentee Filter from the filters on the vertical menu to the left of the Search Map and select Owner Occupant. Click Apply.
- Finally, let's make sure that these homeowners have not refinanced their mortgage. To do this, scroll down the filters on the vertical menu to the left of the Search Map and select Mortgage Age and enter 12 in the Minimum box and 14 in the Maximum box. Click Apply.
- You now have a targeted list of homeowners that has owned the property for 12-14 years, that live in their property and has not refinanced their mortgage in 12-14 years. To export this list of Dream Home Prospects, you will need to create a Cart for these properties. To do so, go to the right property card menu. Click Select All, then click Cart in upper right corner.
- Then select a Cart that already exists or create a new one and give it a name, for example ‘Dream Home Prospects’. Click Add Properties to Cart.
- You will see a Success message in upper right corner confirming that the properties were added to the Cart.
- Access the Cart by clicking on Carts in the left navigation and selecting the Cart.
- You are now ready to send your direct mail campaign! Read this blog for Direct Mail Marketing Tips to Maximize your ROI with Remine. It walks you through how to execute your direct mail campaigns with Remine.
You now have a targeted list of homeowners that have owned their property for a long time and haven’t refinanced their mortgage in several years. Given that people are spending more time at home and need more space, they may be ready to move to a bigger house.. their dream home! They will also be in the position to capitalize on their equity and use it for their down payment as well as take advantage of the current low mortgage rates which will keep mortgage payments down.
Now that you have your list of Dream Home Prospects, your campaign message can be as simple as: 'Are you living in your dream home?'.
For guidance on how to execute your direct mail campaign with Remine, read this blog: Direct Mail Marketing Tips to Maximize your ROI with Remine.
- Attend the “Find New Leads with Remine” webinar https://info.remine.com/webinars
- Discover more Marketing tips on our Support Center at https://bit.ly/remine-marketing
Be sure to subscribe to our blog below or follow us on social media to get the latest updates on new features!